SHARE THIS JOB
The Assistant Controller is responsible for assisting in the preparation of the annual budget, interim forecasts, & corporate reporting. Assists Controller in compliance with internal & governmental regulations as well as corporate financial goals & policies.
• Prepares departmental and capital budgets
• Prepares internal monthly and year-end financial statements and analysis
• Maintains & monitors capital expenditures
• Prepares annual insurance and property tax reports
• Prepares journal entries and coordinates close process
• Prepare account reconciliations & ensure accurate accruals are being held
• Prepares and analyzes all corporate monthly & quarterly schedules
• Monitors tooling & prototype program expenditures
• Responsible for Fixed Asset accounting, including depreciation, asset additions & disposals
• Assists controller in regulations, financial policies and procedures
• Participates in continuous improvement activities, submits improvement suggestions.
• Maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts
• Prepare monthly journal entries
• Perform monthly analysis of balance sheet and income statement
• Prepare monthly financial dashboard reports including related KPIs
• Prepare monthly reports for Projects, collections, billings, and contracts
• Assist in the monthly WIP (Work in Process) reporting
• Assist with annual audit preparation
• Participate in the annual budget process
• Perform ad hoc requests from management and Corporate
• Perform internal audit of job and contract revenue
• Perform monthly analysis of labor and utilization
• Assist in system conversions
• Audit financial transactions and documents
• Essential part of the team working closely with the Controller
• Other requests and analysis as needed
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Firm knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Strong knowledge of ASC 606 and understanding of percentage completion accounting preferred
• Strong attitude of flexibility to adapt to change and pivoting of priorities as well as effective execution of multiple deliverables or projects at or near the same time
• Strong attention to detail, rigorous and methodical
• Good analytical skills and ability to drive for problem resolution
• Work effectively with accounting team, management, project managers and external auditors.
• Produce accurate and timely accounting reports.
• Strong and polished communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word)
• Must possess sound business ethics, including the protection of confidential information
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
Periodic travel may be required for the role. Travel may include travel to RE Tech offices, if remote, or between RE Tech offices (Tysons Corner, VA and Dallas, Texas) for meetings, as well as for Legence and/or client business needs.